23 January 2011

Intrinsic Motivation 2

This time last year, I learnt how to use Dreamweaver CS4 to help to create a website for the business that I am a director for. I did it primarily, but not most importantly, to save money. But what kept me going? I wasn't being paid to create it, nor would it make money once it was done. I got it done because of the challenge. I was learning something new and something that was difficult to master. I am still far from mastering the details of Dreamweaver, but I can now maintain the website and add bits to it where necessary. Apparently, it's called "flow." It wasn't too difficult and it wasn't too easy (although I would have liked an element of ease thrown in at times!). I had complete control over when I worked on the site and when I learnt new things.

I am currently working on linking the domain to the blog. I haven't yet succeeded, but intend to get it sorted. Why? Because I want to the blog URL to look like it's part of the main website and not an add on.

Anyhoo, I shall continue to be intrinsically motivated.

[UPDATE]
I've managed to sort the URL issue.

No comments:

Post a Comment