04 June 2011

Nearly the end of the Holiday









So, it's almost time to return to work after a 2 week break... I've jut tidied and cleared up my desk and am ready to plan for next week (Sunday will be very busy!).

The Lake District is an awesome place. To be able to walk around lakes, up and down mountains, or simply relax in one of its cottages is truly a pleasure! My bro in law and I made it up Sca Fell Pike (pictured) and Helvellyn (as well as Fairfield and St Sunday Crag) on two different walks.
Sca Fell presented us with low visibility and rain, whereas Helvellyn brought out the Sun, with sweat and midges galore! Also, I was able to take Annabelle out in the Deuter kid carrier - an absolute pleasure and a joy to be able to carry my daughter and introduce her to my favourite English environment! The rest of the week was relaxing and wonderful - particularly when Sarah and I got to go to the bar for a drink - quality time and a very welcome pint of ale!

So, looking ahead - 7 weeks until Summer! Lovely.

No comments:

Post a Comment