11 September 2011

A New Cycling Era Begins

I've been thinking about a new bike for a very long time. But, it wasn't until the Summer, following the end of the Tour de France, and my brother's visit to Nottingham, that I seriously thought about it!

The decision for a cyclo-cross bike was easy. I wanted something that'd be reminiscent of a road bike when on the road, but also something that could take me on the paths of the canal that I've really enjoyed cycling on recently.

The decision about the bike wasn't so easy. Most cyclo-cross bikes, when brand new, are £700 upwards... hmm, I thought, not sure this is going to happen. Until I found a Giant TCX 3 in the sale at £494. Wow, a (relative) bargain! My hopes were dashed, however, when I realised that this is the end of the season for bikes and that the 2012's will be on their way very soon. I couldn't find the Giant in my size. Feeling sorry for myself I went back on the Internet...

And, I found the Dawes for at a price that was £400 below full price!!! An absolute bargain. Anyway, a long conversation with my wife later, and a sleep, a pray and a think, I clicked the various buttons on the particular website and made my purchase!

Madness? I hope not. A whim? Definitely not. I've found a Nottingham Cycling club and I'm going to check out some proper routes around my area to clock up the miles! I cannot wait for this new cycling era to begin...

No comments:

Post a Comment