26 October 2011

Cycling

The cycling is going very well. I have clocked up a few mile since I got the bike. I have enjoyed every minute of it and have used Runkeeper to follow my progress. My overall average speed has increased and I've enjoyed some very nice top speeds.

Mostly I cycle along the canal and/or around Wollaton and Bramcote parks. I would like to find some longer routes, but the canal + Wollaton is 15 miles and that's a good distance to cover in an hour.

I have improved my kit and gear slightly. I now have some glasses with interchangeable lenses and some padded shorts! I also got some SPD pedals so that I can (finally) use my cycling shoes. The work a treat and are very good! I need to get a front light and some hi-vis stuff (although my friend apparently has a lightweight hi-vis jacket that I can have).

Overall I am very pleased. My weight is back to just over 10.5 stone after reaching 11.5! This coupled with a no beer, limited treat diet has meant that I'm back to fighting weight and keeping fit!

I would like to get cycling with others. Even if it's with Ben every now and again, it'd be better than always cycling on my own.

For now though, I'll keep on going...

No comments:

Post a Comment