01 June 2009

A weekend in the Lakes...

After an hour of phone calls, we finally found a camp site in the Lakes that wasn't fully booked! We raced to Pooley Bridge to meet a 19:30 deadline for arrival - which we did, but with only 3 minutes to spare! No laws were broken, I assure you!

The weekend itself was great. Great weather and awesome views! We walked up Sca Fell Pike (England's highest mountain!) from Great Langdale. It was tough in the heat, but glorious nonetheless. The views were spectacular.

I had bought some new camping equipment that I was keen to try out. Particularly my titanium spork. Awesome! Every camper needs one! Other equipment came in handy too - a MultiMat (cheap version of ThermoRest), an insulated mug and some new stools.

Camping is the way forward - it's cheap and fun - but only if it's not raining.

Here's a final phrase, I'll go camping rain, hail or shine, depending on the weather!

No comments:

Post a Comment